Post-Fire Restoration Services
As a result of a fire in an adjacent store, an SMI retail customer’s store quickly filled with smoke. The entire store including structure and inventory sustained heavy smoke damage.
The SMI Solution:
- SMI’s fire restoration crew arrived on site within 20 minutes of receiving the emergency call.
- SMI arranged a fully equipped mobile command center for customer use and 53’ semi-trailer for storage of inventory within 24 hours of receiving the call, in addition to overseeing our crew.
- SMI provided 24/7, 12-hour shifts for restoration services to expedite the re-opening of the store and minimize the loss of revenue.
- SMI Client Service Professionals worked closely with the customer’s insurance adjustor throughout every phase of the restoration to ensure proper authorization of services and to facilitate insurance claim processing.
- SMI’s restoration services included: complete pack-out of the store working closely with customer’s Loss Prevention staff, removal and replacement of ceiling tiles, complete cleaning of structure and contents, application of thermo fog smoke neutralizer, HVAC purification, air quality testing, smoke neutralizing of customers’ alterations inventory through ozone treated dry cleaning technology, and all flooring & upholstery cleaning.
The SMI Balance:
SMI Client Service professionals provided immediate one-stop, turnkey restoration services. Our customer was able to re-merchandise their store in 5 days while other retailers affected by the fire were still not packed out.