Natural Disaster Recovery Services
On Site Problem:
A DRS retail customer sustained heavy flood damage as a result of Hurricane Irma in 2017. The flooring, walls and ceiling throughout the entire 30,000 square foot showroom were saturated with mold beginning to form and a major remediation required.
The DRS Solution:
- DRS was called in to restore this location to pre-loss conditions.
- Initially the store was without power with highly elevated humidity levels present. DRS brought in a 400 kw generator and desiccant dehumidifier to quickly restore indoor humidity and prevent further secondary damage.
- Our remediation team extracted all visible water throughout the job site.
- DRS brought in a state licensed mold assessor to test the air quality & determine the remediation protocol that was needed in all contaminated areas.
- Daily humidity & moisture monitoring was performed, with photos and detailed updates provided throughout the dry-out phase.
- Upon clearance from post remediation testing, DRS provided the reconstruction services which included, sub-floor prep & new flooring installation, and a level 5 dry wall finish.
The SMI Balance:
A team of DRS Client Service Professionals, along with onsite inspections by DRS VP of Operations, helped to coordinate all aspects of this emergency to provide our customer with an efficient and comprehensive service.
DRS completed the full service restoration in a timely fashion, working around the clock, allowing the store to open with minimal loss of operation.